CLOBEX SHAMPOO contains the active ingredient clobetasol propionate 500mcg/mL.
1 millilitre of CLOBEX SHAMPOO contains 500micrograms of clobetasol propionate.
It also contains the following excipients: ethanol, coco-betaine, sodium laureth sulfate, polyquaternium-10, sodium citrate, citric acid, purified water.
What CLOBEX SHAMPOO is used for?
CLOBEX SHAMPOO is used as a topical treatment for moderate to severe scalp psoriasis in adults.
It belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids.
It is used on the scalp to relieve the redness, swelling, itching and discomfort of scalp psoriasis.
Your doctor, however, may have prescribed this product for another purpose.
Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why CLOBEX SHAMPOO has been prescribed for you.
CLOBEX SHAMPOO is available only with a doctor’s prescription.
Do not use CLOBEX SHAMPOO if:
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to :
- medicines containing clobetasol propionate
- any of the ingredients listed above
- You have skin areas affected by bacterial or viral skin infections (such as cold sores, shingles or chicken pox)
- You have skin areas affected by fungal or parasitic skin infections (such as thrush, tinea or ringworm)
- You have skin areas affected by specific skin diseases (such as skin tuberculosis or skin disease caused by lues)
- You have skin areas with ulcerous wounds
Do not use it on children under 2 years. You should not use the product on children aged 2 to 18 years unless directed by the child’s doctor. Growth retardation may be observed in children in case of systemic absorption of topical corticosteroids.